Holden Patrick Kinman arrived early. He was scheduled to arrive via c-section Monday morning, but instead arrived on his own timeline, Sunday September 21st at 9:09pm...via c-section. My water broke Saturday night at 1:50pm so we headed for the hospital. We arrived to find that he had turned and decided to give labor a go. Not my smartest decision ever, yet I am glad I experienced it. After 18 hours of labor (really only 12 hours of active labor) I was only 3cm dilated and Holden's heartbeat was not recovering after each contraction so we decided it was time to get him out. The doctor said his head was slightly sideways and was not seated properly, so he would not have come out otherwise.
He is a beautiful TINY little boy, weighing in at only 5lbs 15.9 oz (really 6lbs but they are very precise at the hospital) and 19 inches long. He developed a small case of jaundice on the third day so we had to stay in the hospital an extra night, however he is doing great now.
We are all home now and enjoying almost every moment of parenthood. It is definitely exhausting and overwhelming at times, but every time I look at our sweet son I realize how amazing this experience has been and how lucky we are.






8 comments:
Congratulations!!!! We are all so very very happy for you. He is really beautiful. What a fabulous family.
We just flew back yesterday and would love to come and see you all today if you're up for it. Of course we totally understand if you aren't!
love
Jenni & Owen
FINALLY! Beks, you probably know that we have been checking your blog multiple times a day for the past week! It's so wonderful to see pictures of the little guy and hear that you're all doing great. He is just adorable and the pictures of Brit with him are precious. Congratulations!
Cry cry cry!! I'm so happy for you all...he's wonderful!
Congratulations! Leah
I'm so happy for you & Shane! He is so cute! I hope you keep posting lots of photos of Holden on your blog!
We love him already and can't wait to experience so much with him!
I too have been checking the blog numerous times throughout each day since Holden's birthday. :) I have some tears looking at the pics-I'm so excited for you both and just think Holden is the cutest little guy ever, looks a lot like Daddy already (I think). I saw Sara today and she had lots of pics--sooooo cute. She is so excited to be an Auntie too!!XOXOXOXO
Oh Becky...I am SOOOO happy for you. I love his name. I have been checking this blog so much waiting for this little guy! I am so happy for you guys!
Congratulations! Welcome to the world baby Holden! (I love, love, love the name!) I am so glad that you are the baby are doing well. It is a crazy, amazing, truly wonderful ride. Enjoy every minute! I'm thinking about you.
Post a Comment