Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Breech Baby!

Shane and I had our 37 week doctors appointment this morning and it was confirmed that our baby is in the breech position (his head is up in my ribs!). They have scheduled a c-section for Monday September 22nd at 7:30am. I know it's not the ideal birthing situation, but I feel like everything happens for a reason and that it will be best for the baby. I am going to work up until Friday the 19th and will start my maternity leave after that. Hopefully Shane and I can get everything done before the 22nd!

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

You have such a great attitude about it all Becky--you are right, it will be best for the baby and you! Sophia was breech and they had to schedule a c-section. Amy really wanted Sophes to pick her own birthday instead of the doc picking it and the day they were supposed to go in for the scheduled c-section, Amy's water broke. :) hugs

Molly said...

All that matters in the end is that the baby is healthy right? You will be in my thoughts over these next few weeks - get some rest! So exciting that you actually have a date to look forward to!

XOXO,
Molly

Anonymous said...

Oh my word...in less than 2 wks that little man will be here!!! Don't worry about the C-section, you are the 2nd person in the last few days that has told me their baby was breech. Everything will be so great. I know you and shane will be amazing parents and I can't wait to hold the little guy. I'm always here if you need anything at all..it;s only a 2 hr drive.

Tracy said...

I agree with Kimberly and Molly for sure. You never know - the baby may still turn too. Lucy turned at the last minute possible (even though I still ended up going the c-section route). Take care my friend. You are in our thoughts as well.

Anonymous said...

Good luck, good luck, good luck!! I'll be thinking about you next Monday!

Love you, leah