Wednesday, May 9, 2012

California Here We Come!





This will come as a huge shock to a lot of people out there, we are moving to California!  It has been years in the making really, and we finally decided to take the leap of faith, follow our guts, and move to greener (warmer) pastures.  Shane has been working for a company in Carlsbad now for three years, and they have been asking him to move down ever since he started.   The amazing part is that I will be able to work for my current company at the Oakley corporate HQ in Foothills Ranch.  We have decided to move to the OC for now, so that I have less of a commute. 


We plan to move the last week of July so that we are well established for the start of school in September.  We have found a wonderful Montessori school for Holden, and a great daycare just across the street for Halle, in Ladera Ranch.  It's a wonderful town with parks, pools, bike paths, and much more, so we can take full advantage of being outside year round.  


This is a bitter-sweet move for us, but we are excited for the opportunities it means for our family.  Just think...you all have a place to stay when you want to visit Disneyland!!


Shane and I went down to the OC last week for work, and to do some planning/research.  These were taken from the deck of our hotel in Laguna Beach.  It's amazing to actually have a photo of myself for once ;) 




If anyone has any suggestions for moving with kids, let me know.  I will need all the help I can get! 

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

We will really miss you guys and watching Holden and Halle grow up with our kids. YET, I'm really excited for all of you and can't wait to hear about all the wonderful things coming your way. As for moving with kids.....I'm so tempted to follow you guys to CA and play with the kids while you guys unpack and settle. Kids, Disneyland or beach today?

Sarah said...

Boo hoo! We are going to miss you. Congratulations on the move and I'm sure it will be wonderful to be so close to the beach, aahhh :)

Kimberly said...

Congratulations on the move! You are so much braver than me. :) It sounds like a fabulous little place you are moving to. . .I know you all will adjust just fine. . .i wish you the best in your new adventure! XO

eloiza said...

Congratulations to both of you and good luck! I am sure you are going to love California, my favorite state. There is so much to do and see there. Enjoy it!

Leah said...

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

I will really miss you but I am so excited for you and wish you the best of luck!