Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Snowman



For those of you that don't know...I am absolutely in love with the animated movie "The Snowman", by Raymond Briggs.  Well, to say I am in love with the movie is actually a bit of an understatement.  I am obsessed with this movie.  This time of year it usually gets pulled out and I watch it over and over again, until Shane complains enough or threatens to throw the movie away. I walk around with the songs in my head almost all winter long.  SO, you will all understand my sheer delight, when my own son, reached into the DVD drawer yesterday morning and wanted to play the movie.  He has never seen it before (strange, I know) but this is the first year he has the patience to sit through a movie...especially one with no words.  The best part is that he sat through the movie enchanted by every sound and when it was over exclaimed "AGAIN MOMMA!"
YAY!!! Finally, someone that loves the snowman as much as I do!!


The Snowman clip

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becky, I watch it every year; but that is becasue I use it as a writing lesson. We watch it in class and then the kids write their own snowman adventure story!

Elizabeth said...

I am so glad Holdie has found an appreciation for our beloved Snowman!!! Janet and I broke out the Christmas moving this weekend and made a gingerbread house! Love the holiday season!

Kimberly said...

I am going to have to buy this movie. The clip you posted was beautiful and I know Abs will love it. Anything musical fascinates her.

Anonymous said...

Never watched it!
Let's plan a hot chocolate/The Snowman movie afternoon.