Saturday, October 30, 2010

An Amazing Fall!

We have had an amazingly beautiful fall!  It has been an Indian summer for over a month now, with warm sunny days and crisp fall nights.  It has been the best time to get out and enjoy the valley.  For that very reason I have not been blogging in a while.  Here is a quick peek at what we have been up to. 



This fall Holden started at Pioneer Montessori School in the pre-primary room (with 2 & 3 year olds).  Every year they have an amazing Harvest festival, with games, crafts, pony rides, and Holden's new favorite, "train" rides.  The entire event was amazing! 
Shane, Holden and Holden's classmate Henry
Holden & his buddy Sylas. At first he was not so sure about the train rides....
but after two rides he LOVED it! 


For the festival every family is supposed to make something to sell at the Harvest Market.  We made an apple tart, and these cute little meringue ghosts.  They turned out super cute, and everything sold! 


One weekend Holden helped me let out the chickens of our friend Jenna, while she was away for the weekend.  Holden was super excited about the chickens, and even helped me feed them. He walked around all weekend saying "bock, bock".  





Every possible moment, we have been trying to get outside and enjoy the beautiful weather.  I took Brit on a hike on my lunch break on a beautiful day...the very next day it snowed!  




Now all of our peaks are white with a dusting of snow.  We are officially ready to see more flakes fly.  Bring on the snow!

2 comments:

Leah said...

what a great update Becky! Those pictures are wonderful. I'm not sure I'm feeling as excited about snow as you, BUT I'll deal with it. It is pretty...at first!

Kimberly said...

Becs, your hair looks adorable. Your fall does look amazing...much better than our rainstorm today! Miss you guys.