Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Jane Austin Bender



Shane has been gone on a work trip to Switzerland since last Saturday, and I have been completely wiped out from taking care of Holden.  My parents and sister came to help and were here through Thursday, but for some reason I was completely exhausted going into the weekend.  I decided I would take full advantage of being alone and went on a weekend long “Jane Austin Bender”…or so I am calling it.  It was not an alcohol induced bender, like you might think, (although there was some wine involved) it was a weekend long marathon of British romance movies…the "Jane Austin, BBC, Masterpiece Theater" type. So far I have watched Jane Eyre, Much Ado About Nothing, Vanity Fair, Sense & Sensibility and might even try to squeeze in my favorite Pride & Prejudice tonight.  It has been a really great weekend and I highly recommend any of you try this on your next solo weekend.  I am going to go have some tea now! 

2 comments:

Leah said...

don't forget crumpits (not sure if that is spelled right)! By the way...I love those movies.

coffee talk said...

Next time you need to watch Becoming Jane!