Meanwhile, I was a wreck stuck in Vegas. I was at dinner with some clients when I got the call so I started crying immediately and completely freaked everyone out. The only flight I could get out was at 6:00am the next morning. I was able to get back home and to the hospital by noon the next day, but it was the worst night ever!
Holden did great through the night at the hospital and did not have another "attack". The diagnosis is that his throat and larynx are all swollen and irritated from his RSV and Pneumonia, so when he was set on his back acid reflux hit the larynx and closed off, causing him to choke. He is able to recover quickly from these episodes (it has happened twice since) and he is on med's to help with the acid reflux and opening up his airways. He is actually doing great, and looks like a happy, normal baby. We just hope everything heals and that it's not anything more serious. All I can say is it was horrifying to go through, but thank you Pat & Sue, and Jenni & Brian for all of your help. We certainly needed you and we appreciate it!
5 comments:
OMG! That sounds so scary! I'm glad he is doing better. I can't wait to see you guys next weekend!
I can only imagine how horrifying that would be. Take care little Holden, get better soon. We will be sending him lots of thoughts and prayers.
Oh my word Becky...I can't even begin to imagine what you went through. There is absoulutly nothing worse. It is so crazy when you have a baby. You love them so much that it's actually scary. Those hospital pictures just make me cry. I'm thinking of you guys and I'm sure it's all on the mend now....
So scary. I'm so glad that all is well and Holden is feeling better. Looking forward to seeing you this weekend!
XO,
Molly
Unbelievable! Poor Holden! Poor you!! I hate that helpless feeling. You are soooo fortunate to have friends you can call on for help. Kaitlin and Rachel love the little videos of Holden.
Post a Comment