Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to work

Today was my first day back to work. My good friend and neighbor, Jenni, took care of Holden for the day while I was at work. I had mixed emotions all day...one minute sad, one minute excited and the next lonely. Looking back I can't believe how much has changed in my life in the past three months and how attached I have become to Holden. It was nice knowing he was in such great hands for the day. Here is an email Jenni (I mean Holden) sent me while I was at work. It made me tear up and smile all at the same time.

Dear Mommy,I am having a very nice morning... I played with Owen (at a distance) for a little while and laughed a lot at him - he's very funny.Then I watched as he got fed some yogurt, then he went away to his "crib". I played in the swing and on a big blanket for a while with Aunty Jenni. Then I ate my whole bottle and burped twice! Then I did a big poo and thoroughly enjoyed having my nappy changed. Then I fell asleep in Aunty Jenni's arms, sucking on my binky and am now snuggled safe in my pack n'play in Jenni's room. See you at lunch time!

love,Holden
xxxxxx

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

That made me tear up a little too Becs. Fun that you get to see him at lunch time. I hope the rest of your week goes well.

Molly said...

Ahhh, so sweet! Hang in there. Hopefully you'll have less "sad" as time goes on!!

Molly :)

Anonymous said...

I promise it gets way better..it make the time you are together so enjoyable! What a neat friend to send you that email!!!