I am officially 33rd. That seems old, right? My co-worker Jenna, pointed out to me that this is my Larry Bird Birthday...33. So on the morning of my birthday a few of my co-workers took me out to breakfast at the new "Blue Bird Day Cafe" here in Ketchum. It was the perfect start to my Larry Bird Birthday. I capped off the day with a super fun group of girlfriends at a new bar in town, with some yummy martini's, and then we ended the night at the Pioneer Saloon for Jim-Spuds (Potatoes the size of my head with melted cheese, meat and sour cream smeared on top) and a gigantic mud-pie! It was a very fun night, and it actually made me feel young again.
I got two really fun birthday surprises...
1. A pair of amazing boots from my sister.
2. This even more amazing poem/gift from my good friend Molly (It's so great I have to share it!):
"For YOU on your special day
I give you the gift of play
For mom's are in need
Of time to concede
And relax in your very own way.
Dinner for 2 you might be great
Or off to the gym for some weights
Or one day a week
just go have a drink
While Holden and I have a date.
Your task at hand is to choose
A day each week not to lose
Some well earned time
And you're not allowed to whine
There will be NO room to refuse
'Cause my intent is a little greedy
And this might seem a little seedy
But just so you know
He's with his MoMo
And watching him grow is something I needy-y
Each week the time can change
So feel free to re-arrange
Just let me know
And soon after I'll show
To grab your little bundle in exchange.
So next week let's start with our plan
Choose a time that I can play with your lil man
And you go have fun
While we hang in the sun
And I promise to give him back if I can!"
How amazing is that?!
Thanks everyone for making my birthday really fun, and special!
I just hope I can make 33 look as good as Larry Bird did...I certainly feel as lucky as him!

3 comments:
Happy Bird Birthday to you! Sounds like you had a great time! You deserve it!!! Hugs!!!
Happy Birthday Becs!! I still can't believe I'm already 34--it's crazy. Can't wait to see you guys at Kora's wedding.
Happy Birthday! I hope we end our phone tag game soon and actually get to talk. Molly's poem is super cute, but I must admit I'm jealous that I can't hang with Holdy every week!
Post a Comment